We all want to look and feel great, last week’s blog post was on Detoxing after holidays don’t fall off the band wagon, and if you have: let’s get you back on! I always tell my clients when planning to lose weight, you need to decide that this is what you want, make that commitment, it’s all about getting on, and once you’ve made yourself comfortable it’ll be the only way you want to live.
I won’t deny the fact that it’s a challenge especially at this time of year when you’re cooped up indoors and waiting for the winter to pass whilst trying to protect yourself from oncoming coughs and colds. Food is a comforting pastime, and we shouldn’t refrain from having pleasures, but eat the right food for yourself and at the right time, you want to feel energetic, healthy, fit, and happy. You need to nurture yourself with delicious food and never feel starving, have healthy snacks and food ready for when you need them, sprinkling cinnamon on your food to help sustain your blood sugar levels for longer, nuts and seeds have healthy fats and protein, these will slow down digestion and eating high fibre foods like green leafy vegetables with your meals to help control blood sugar levels.
Here are some tips to keep you motivated:
- Write about your thoughts on why you’re being careful with your food intake etc. What do you want to look and feel like in 6 months’ time? How do you want your health to be in the future? How will you feel when socialising and when looking and feeling great??
- Cook your own food, you can prepare most foods in advance and freeze or refrigerate them, this is a really nice and nutritious Mushroom Soup cook it in a large pot and freeze them in small containers. It really feels great sitting down to your labour of love and enjoying the flavours you like, and most importantly you have them when you want them.
- Plan your meals ahead, create yourself a meal planner and get the ingredients into your house to prepare in your designated time.
- Have a daily treat decide when you need it most and enjoy it, try these delicious Cashew Munchies, my family love them.
- Reward yourself; write a list of healthy treats you would want, like a mini spa treatment or meal in a healthy restaurant. Set yourself mini goals, such as drinking 2 litres of water for two weeks or only having healthy snacks, for a specific amount of time get into the habit of easily leading a healthier life.
The main thing is not to stress yourself out about losing weight, don’t check your weight all the time or criticise yourself for not eating correctly, don’t berate yourself for missing an exercise class it’ll just defeat the purpose of feeling healthy, energetic, and happy. When you haven’t seen results on the scale focus on the good parts, you went three times this week to the gym, or you ate only healthy meals, or your feeling much more energetic, it’s all part of your journey in life, keep it positive, and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me.
Enjoy your journey!